Tuesday, July 28, 2009

World's Largest Banjo and Fiddle


World's Largest Banjo and Giant Fiddle: Branson, MO
  • Directions from Hwy 65: Take the exit for Hwy 76/Country Music Blvd. Head west on Hwy 76/Country Music Blvd. These are both located in Grand Country Inn. It will be on the north side of the street.
It took us awhile to find the giant fiddle and banjo. We were coming from our hotel in Branson, and the streets changed names many times. Luckily, I was able to find a map of attractions that I had grabbed the night before. Once looking at the map, I was able to navigate us to the fiddle and banjo. It turns out that these are in a shopping/attraction area. They are in different buildings as well. You can see the necks of both of these poking out of each of the buildings. The fiddle is in a building with a buffet and mini-golf course. We went in and took our pictures of the fiddle, and were hoping for souvenirs with the fiddle and banjo at the little shop next to the buffet. We were let down with that. We then headed over to the arcade/food court building to see the banjo. The banjo is in the middle of a "food court." There are a couple of food stands in there where the banjo sits. I did want my friend to bring his banjo to pose with the giant one, but he did not. We still got some good pictures though. I'm glad I saw these, but I don't know if I need to go back to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment