Tuesday, July 28, 2009

World's Largest Rocking Chair


World's Largest Rocking Chair: Cuba, MO
  • Directions from I-44: There are signs for this attraction on I-44, and I believe it was exit 203. There should be signs as to which way to turn when you get off of the Interstate. Make sure you head east off of the ramp, and then north onto Cty ZZ. Follow for about 4 miles.
One night this spring, my sister and I were watching TV and heard about the World's Largest Rocking Chair. The site I used to plan the stops on my trip to Dallas (Roadside America) had not added this to their website (it is now), so I had no idea this was going to be on our way to Dallas! As my friend and I were driving along, counting the miles until we reached Cuba, we saw a sign for it. It was nice to know what exit to take to get to the chair. Once we got off of the Interstate, there were signs for us to follow to get onto the road that would lead us to the chair. Somehow, we passed the chair after getting onto the road! We drove all the way through Cuba, MO to find out that we had passed it. Luckily, when we turned around, there was a billboard for the rocker. It then told us how many miles until we got there, and then a picture of the shop that is right next to it. We learned that when coming from the exit the billboard on the Interstate tells you to take, the back of the chair is hidden by many trees around the rocker. Once we saw it head on, we knew why it's the World's Largest Rocking Chair. There was no way we could climb up there and sit, not only because it was so big, but the many signs around it! Again, we took pictures of the rocker, the obligatory pictures with it, and a self portrait of the two of us in the background (which didn't turn out wonderfully). Again, this is a must if heading down I-44. There is a souvenir shop right on the grounds, however, it was not open by the time we got to the rocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment